« Home | My Left Foot » | Separated At Birth? » | Semi-Regular Picture Quiz » | Stay Off The Sidewalks! » | You Asked For It........ » | Back In The Saddle » 

Monday, October 31, 2005 

Happy Samhain

In honor of Samhain and Halloween I would like to introduce to you to the Little Forest Bat, also known as Vespadelus vulturnus. It may be the smallest bat in the world, I'm not sure, but it is the smallest bat in Australia. Weighing in at around 4 grams, this little bat has a wingspan of 2.36 inches. It can actually fit into a matchbox! Native to Australia, it lives in hollowed out trees and eats a variety of pesky bugs. The Little Forest Bat breeds once a year and has only one baby per year. Responsible breeders - I love it.

If you were a bat, Piig, that's how cute you'd be.

Aaawww........thanks, hH.

Awww...remind me to pinch your little cheeks when I see you!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates