« Home | What Will It Take To Impeach The Bastard? » | I Have Become My Mother » | The Semi-Regular Picture Quiz....Again! » | The Semi-Regular Picture Quiz » | Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead!* » | Cheney's Got A Gun » | Give Me An "Amen" » | In Memory » | Rape Cover Up » | The L-Word....Or Is It The M-Word? » 

Friday, March 31, 2006 

The Da Vinci Code

As you can see, I have taken Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code* “off the bookshelf.” The Da Vinci Code was never on my must read list. Murder mysteries aren’t my thing. Mainstream bestsellers aren’t my thing. So, why I am reading The Da Vinci Code? One of my former student workers, one of the few that I enjoyed talking with, absolutely loved the book for its historical content. Eventually she wore on me, and after the 22nd, “It’s so good; you’ll really enjoy it,” I acquiesced and promised that I would read it before she graduates. She graduates this summer.

That said, now that I’m reading it I have to say I’m enjoying the subversive goddess worshiping and the Mary-Magdalene-as-royalty theories. Dan Brown isn’t the best writer, but his idea is fun. Incontrovertible evidence that a bunch of misogynist Roman Pagans seeking unlimited power created Christianity is right up my alley. I have no idea how the story is going to end, but for now it’s not such a bad read.

*Thanks to K and T for loaning me their copy.

Tags:

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates